- BOOK PARTY: Still Oct. 12 at 6 p.m. at Mississippi Pizza. Jim Brunberg, Casey Neill, Sarah Gwen and Mark Orton, and Rebecca Gates will still be joining me. It will still be fun. NEW: Jim’s band, A Year Afar, will take the stage at 9 p.m. for anyone who wants to hang out and enjoy more music. Read all about it. Here’s the Facebook Event thingy.
- Book promotion. There’s been a bunch of it. Something like 13 radio interviews and a couple of podcasts–with more to come. It’s … fun? Strangely exhausting in a way you wouldn’t think sitting and talking on the phone would be, but everyone’s been nice and a lot of laughs have been had. Maybe no interview was as oddly amusing as sitting down with Andrew Greif and Tyson Alger, who cover the University of Oregon for the Oregonian or OMG or whatever the official designation is, and talking sports, and Bruce. Give it a listen.
- Talked to Dennis Miller, too. He was nice, and funny, and the whole time the voice in my head is whispering, You really liked this guy when he did Weekend Update.
- The foreign editions have arrived! (See above photo.) I own books I wrote but cannot read. How cool is that?
- Signed copies? Backstreets is selling the book, which is a thrill because I was reading Backstreets long before I ever thought I’d write a book about Bruce Springsteen. If you want a signed book, Backstreets is the place to be. If you want to support a cool website/magazine, Backstreets is the place to be.
- Those fucking Amazon sales numbers. They’re addictive. You can’t help but check them. Obsessively. And I’m the guy who swore he couldn’t give a shit about Internet metrics. Hypocrite, that’s me. But, checking them this morning, I did see we were doing pretty damn well in the rock category, I was, for a while, in the top-10 between Motley Crue and Patti Smith. I should read Patti Smith’s book. I have read Motley Crue’s. More than once. (As I write this, we’ve jumped Motley Crue.)
- Not explicitly book news, but, in something less than a unique move, I’m doing a newsletter. Some of this will probably be in the next installment, which should go out Monday. Subscribe at this link.
Categories: Album by Album